4301 Bott Lane * Meridian, Idaho 83642
firstname.lastname@example.org * 208.362.1767
DRAFTER / DESIGNER/ CONSULTANT/ CAD MANAGER
History of excellence devising innovative drafting designs for all types of construction projects
Focused, detail-driven architectural and engineering drafting/design and CAD manager with extensive experience and in-depth technical expertise devising complex construction, mechanical and electrical designs. Proven capacity for interacting with architects and engineers to ensure designs meet client specifications and building codes. Excellent history of cultivating productive, professional client relationships, leading to high levels of
customer satisfaction and retention. Well-versed in a wide range of design techniques, technologies and principles.
- Highlights of expertise:
* Blueprints & Schematics
* Code Compliance
* Client & Vendor Relations
* Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
* Mechanical & Electrical Drafting
* Training & Development
* Construction Life Cycle
* Team Leadership
* Budget Management
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
FALASH & ROSS CONSTRUCTION
Boise, ID, 1994 - Present
Architectural Design CAD Consultant
Oversee design and delivery of all in-house construction documentation for multimillion-dollar commercial and residential construction projects. Devise layouts for all facets of construction sites, from parking lots and site plans, to buildings, to electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. Create as-built documentation for client review. Interact with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with design guidelines.
Install, maintain and update computer systems running sophisticated design applications.
* Demonstrated a consistent track record of completing all projects on time and within/below budget.
* Successfully completed designs for multiple business, including: Great Floors (tilt-up construction); West Vet Emergency Center (concrete block construction); Harris Office Building (stick construction); Car Phonics (foam block concrete construction); Cable One Offices; Treasure Valley Hospital (remodeling), St. Als (remodeling), Hal Davis (tenant improvement), as well as several residences and other commercial structures.
TOUCHMARK OF THE TREASURE VALLEY
Boise, ID, 2005 - 2009
Architectural Design CAD Consultant
Directed design and implementation of all home plans for this retirement community. Created designs that met individual medical needs including floor plan layouts suitable for retired individuals. Ensured compliance with ADA requirements and building codes for all designs.
* Developed system for standardizing sets of building plans in preparation for client revisions to meet individual specifications and requirements.
* Utilized REScheck software to maintain compliance with energy codes and create energy code compliance reports.
- ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
CDS, INC., Meridian, Idaho
Operations Manager / Chief Designer
Manage all aspects of operations for this small drafting firm. Direct design projects from concept to completion. Develop custom architectural designs for home and business owners. Interface with clients in determining project specifications and providing updates on project progress. Recruit, hire and manage employees. Draft patent drawings for various law offices. Partner with architects and engineers throughout design process.
* Spearheaded CAD Conversion services for the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), Seattle City and Light and the Chicago Museum of Art and Industry.
* Steered design and delivery of tenant improvement plans for several national malls; coordinated efforts with general contractors, architects and design review boards of various businesses.
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
CAD Instructor (8-year tenure / Part-time & Night Classes)
Instructed professional architects and engineers in the use of AutoCAD software. Prepared class curriculum and designed classroom materials. Delivered instructional presentations and informational sessions to audiences of varying sizes. Maintained and updated classroom computers and installed/configured software.
* Expertly delivered presentation at vocational education conference on AutoCAD Lite as alternative to full AutoCAD program.
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY, Boise, Idaho
GPA: 3.9/4.0 | magna cum laude
- Professional Development
* AutoCAD Systems Center Solutions Training
* Limited Vocational Specialist in Drafting Certification
* Network Support Technician Certification
* Certified Instructor in AutoCad Level II
* Multiple AutoDesk Proficiencies Certifications
* Registered with Idaho Contractors Board (#RCE-11167)
- TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
Platforms: Windows 9x / NT / 2K / XP / Vista / 7
Tools: AutoCAD, Autodesk products, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), REScheck, Comcheck, Corel Paint Shop Pro X, Computer/Network Maintenance & Configuration
(download in doc format)